Custom Search

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Touchdown!

I just could not think of any better title for my first post. Anyway, I’m grateful that you have come across my blog, just wish you would still keep on reading after this or the next few sentences.


I gave this blog the title, “Journal of a Cheapskate”, not only because I’m a self-proclaimed cheapskate (Well, I really just don’t have enough money to spend), I am far assuming that there are others out there that could relate to my everyday mishaps, and swell days included. How I live my life to the simplest, less extravagant way possible but still enjoying a lot of perks that money can’t buy.



Another reason why I started this is that I have been blogging for a long time, and I have started blogs that did not turn out well, they faded faster than a butterfly’s life span. See, it’s really difficult for a blogger to find the right niche. I did not know this before, the word was not even in my vocabulary back when I started blogging (well, duh).

So I wasted my time making blogs here and there. After learning than I can actually make money out of blogging, I tried “online marketing”, it went out fine for quite some time, and I earned a few bucks, like 3 dollars, in 3 years. So I grew tired of monetizing it, I had published a lot back then but not earning much, since that was my goal, earning.

After a certain extent of turmoil on not making it big on blogging, I just carried on doing just what I love, writing. A synonym crossed my mind, “scribble”, and poof! “Just a Scribble” got published, which none of you have probably heard, and yes, you can guess the outcome. Again, it went down the drain. Heck, the word scribble just got my mind filled with doodles, blueprints, and drafts that I can’t make anything out of. It was frustrating. It took me forever to have a post.

Then I resorted to a niche, “health”, I am a registered nurse after all, I thought to myself, so why not make the most out of it since I am an “unemployed RN” (frigging long story), and it would be easier for me to come up with daily topics I did not need to ponder my entire life on. Thus, I named that blog “The Daily Health Journal”, because I knew back then that I could religiously write a post on a daily basis about a certain topic I’m much familiar with, not to mention the word “health” has one of the highest search rates online gaining traffic for top websites. To my confidence, I even made a page for it on Facebook, just so to increase website visitors. But then, I missed a day without a post, then three days, then a week, and so on. In fairness to my efforts though, I gained a lot of views on that blog, 366… in a month, and I found out some of the views were traced back as mine (yeah, I fooled myself by tracking my own page views).

The Daily Health Journal (It's still on)


Now, here I am again trying to make another attempt. This time I’ll be doing something on a long term with more blah that I can pour my heart on, and that nothing could hinder me in any way to publish a post on a regular basis. Hopefully, you guys would stay stand witness, and that you’ll enjoy reading what I have got to share.


I would love to hear from you through the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Express your thoughts on the comments section. (Uh no, you can't trash.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *